Friday, February 25, 2005

Audition Knitting

So, I had a LOT of time to kill before auditions last night-- Run For Your Wife, if you're interested-- as there was a jazzercise class (I think it's an impending sign of the apocalpyse: bad eighties songs, people "sweating". Baad.) and the director hadn't given out scripts. So, I worked on Tempting. My last few inches. Boo hoo. Anyway, the producer came up to me and asked, "What are you knitting?" "Oh, a sweater," I replied. She said that she was a knitter, and I asked her what projects she was working on. "Oh, a baby sweater and a scarf. The scarf is more interesting."

And then, out of her knitting bag, she pulled....

CLAPOTIS!

I kid you not. I squeed over it (I've never seen one in person) and we talked about knitty.com and such. She's not a blogger (surprising), but an avid knitter. She made her Clapotis in Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies in the River colorway (if I remember correctly). The mohair didn't seem a problem-- just gave it a "halo". It is GORGEOUS.

Maybe that's a good sign for the audition. Who knows. But man, I'm DEFINITELY inspired for Clapotis, now!

1 Comments:

Blogger unravelme said...

Small world, huh?!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home